GCS Weekly Warmup (121716)Posted December 28, 2016
Hello my singing friends!
Well the weather outside is frightful, But the fire is so delightful … Don’t you just love this time of year? For me, the anticipation of the holiday season more than anything else makes it magical. I know you’re very busy with preparations for family and all, but please remember to be good to yourself. For me, that means watching old Bing Crosby movies. I just watched “White Christmas”. I tear up every time I watch it. What’s your favourite tradition of the season? For some it’s doing jig saw puzzles with the family, for others it’s the annual street hockey game.
Thank you Martina and Gerry for hosting the open house yesterday! We had a lovely, lovely time. Martina made mulled wine and cider, and there were lots of treats on the table. It’s so nice to chat with all of you!
We’re doing one more practice before the break on December 21 – just one hour to fine tune a few things. Also –
Barb Moldenhauer wants you to know that we have CONCERT TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR STOCKING STUFFERS!! Feel free to let Barb know by e-mail how many you would like. Please have cash or cheque available on Wednesday December 21. Tickets are $10 each, $5 for children, $30 for families. Email your order to Barb Moldenhauer at firstname.lastname@example.org
DECEMBER 28 STORM GAME TICKETS: Martina has your tickets and will take your cash or cheque on December 21. ($17.50 X the number of tickets you requested)
STORM GAME FAQ
- Will the singers get an actual ticket, even though they are free for us? If so, when and how do we receive them?
– The singers, although they are getting free tickets, still get an actual ticket so they can, 1) get into the arena through the ticketing gates, and 2) have a seat during the game.
- What time should we be there?
– The choir should meet by the Guelph Hall of Fame beside the big white staircase in front of Pharma Plus on the main level of Old Quebec Street Mall at 6:15. At this time, Storm Crew Members will be there to meet the choir and take them through the ticketing gate and into the designated area where everyone can leave items they do not wish to bring on the ice with them and also have a chance to organize lines and warm-up.
- Will there be a secure place for our coats and purses, or should we ask someone to stay with them?
– We have a designated area that the choir can feel free to leave items behind and they will be safe during the anthem.
O CANADA: If you’re singing at the Storm Game, please wear a RED AND/OR WHITE TOP.
What We Sang Last
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (My personal choice for the new Canadian National Anthem)
What We’re Singing Next
Everything we can cram into a one hour review!
CONCERT VOLUNTEERS: A separate email went out a couple of days ago regarding volunteering to help with the concert. Those of you who are new to the choir – this is the best part! Please contact Barb Moldenhauer directly if you would like to help out.
REGISTRATION VOLUNTEERS: I need four ambassadors to help with registration for next session. Let me know if you’re available to help out. It means arriving early for the first three weeks to help staff the registration desks, and to help new members find their sections.
Want to get in touch with other members? Want to tell other members what you do? I’m putting together a directory. If you would like to share a hobby, vocation or have products or services to offer to the membership, please let me know.
PLEASE DO NOT WEAR SCENTS TO PRACTICE: A favour: I have been asked to remind you that some of us are very sensitive to perfumes. One soprano in particular gets quite ill when she is near strong perfume. It would be a shame if she had to quit as a result. Please don’t wear scents to our practices. Thank you!!
Click on https://www.guelphcommunitysingers.ca/members/practice-tracks/. The password is ‘gcs’.
Join us after Choir!
You’re all welcome to join us after choir for a cuppa tea or your bevvie of choice at the Pennywhistle. We enjoy talking about what we’re singing, and of course it’s always fun to make new friends.
SESSION ONE (18 rehearsals)
REGISTRATION September 7-21, 2016
REHEARSALS September 7- December 14, 7:30-9PM
BREAK December 21-28
REHEARSALS January 4-18 2017 (2 hour rehearsals) 7:30-9:30PM
SECTIONALS October 19, January 4
CONCERT January 21, 2017
SESSION TWO (17 rehearsals)
REGISTRATION February 1-15, 2017
REHEARSALS February 1-March 8, 7:30-9PM
BREAK March 15
REHEARSALS May 17-31 (2 hour rehearsals) 7:30-9:30PM
SECTIONALS March 22, May 17
CONCERT June 3, 2017
See you soon!
Lise Anne Janis
For the Joy of Singing!
Problems replying to this email? Try email@example.com
Lise Anne Janis
At Home Group Realty Inc., Brokerage